Flight Attendant, World Traveler, Blogger, Fashion Consultant,
Model, Beauty &Wellness Mentor
Bachelors of Business Administration (University of Cincinnati, 2008); Cosmetology License (Aveda Institute, 2010)
1. Why did you go to college?
I decided to attend college because I felt my “success” would be determined by a degree or lack there of.
2. What were some of the challenges you faced as a first-generation college student, and how did you overcome them?
…financing my education. I had to take out a lot of loans to pay for my degree.
3. What have been some of the payoffs for attending college?
…the lifetime friends I met…the marketing knowledge I learned that I can apply to any field of work…and the confidence I gained to work in a professional environment.
4. If you could go back in time and change anything about your college career, what would it be and why?
I would Intern, Intern, and Intern! I feel if I would have taken advantage of more internships I would have had a better idea of what I wanted to pursue post college and interning would have helped me secure a job.
5. If you could give any advice to current and/or future first-generation college students, what would it be?
Use your first year to take a variety of electives. Taking electives allows you to explore fields you may not have known you were interested in. It’s important to study something you are passionate about because it will definitely pay off in your future.